Monday, December 17, 2007

Story...continued.

I was hooked. In the 3.5 years since completing that first project, I have soaked up everything that I can find about the tools, techniques and materials of woodworking. My shop has undergone several expansions and transformations during that time as well. Today I have a well-equipped and very capable woodshop (I'll post pictures at some later time). Which brings me to the primary motivation behind starting this blog...the projects.

In 3.5 years I have completed somewhere close to two dozen projects. Some as quick and small as picture frames and cutting boards; others as large and complex as the cherry computer desk at which I'm sitting as I type this. Not bad considering everything else that went on in my life during that same span:
  • Full-time job
  • I became a dad (twice). Two daughters, Reagan is now 27 months; Gracie is nearly 4 months. More about them later...
  • Countless home-improvement projects.
  • Two World Series titles for the Sox...

Most of my projects were created for our household; but a few have been delivered to family and friends. I have some pictures of past projects on my local computer, and a few plans/notes in a pile down in the shop, but they're very incomplete and poorly organized. In short, I need to keep a catalog of my work. Somewhere that I can collect and keep all of the details. So that is what I intend to do here. Pictures, plans, materials, finishing techniques, etc. for all of my furniture projects will be chronicled here for consumption by anyone.

My next several posts will continue to be about past work. I would like to catch up as best I can remember on completed projects in rough chronological order. Then I'll try to keep up with posts about current and future projects as I plan and build them.

If you've read this far, you're either someone that I know or you're a woodworker yourself. Either way...thanks for reading.

No comments: